Friday, March 20, 2009

Blue Ridge Parkway is Amazing


I know I am breaking away from the usual topics of this blog, but I've been on the road alot of late and I wanted to touch base on some of it.

My wife and I drove up to Brevard,NC yesterday. Brevard is a hip little mountain town in the middle of some of the most spectacularly beautiful country in the world. We wound up driving the Blue Ridge Parkway, which is about 100 miles of driving up, down, around and through the Smoky Mountains. Completely amazing, but I became very altitude sick at about 6000 feet. I have been developing a sinus infection, and once we hit the high altitude, it was like getting hit in the sinuses with a brick. I just wanted to go to sleep so badly. It was the oddest feeling I have ever had.

The point of all this is that the drive is breathtaking, and a must do if you are in this part of the country. I took this picture at about 5000 feet. Unbelievable.