Saturday, December 13, 2008

Top Ten Albums of 2008




Every year some friends and I in Madison have our annual Top Ten Night, where we unveil our top ten albums of the year, as well as other musical awards. It has become a very big deal throughout the years, and we were collectively published last year on Dane101.com. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend this year, as I moved to South Carolina. Tomorrow night is the Top Ten Night, so it is time for me to unveil my list. After months and months of careful deliberation, here it is.


Top Ten Albums of 2008

10. MGMT, Oracular Spectacular
9. The Killers, Day & Age
8. The Hold Steady, Stay Positive
7. Vampire Weekend, Vampire Weekend
6. Scarlett Johannson, Anywhere I Lay My Head
5. The Daysleepers, Drowned In A Sea of Sound
4. The Raconteurs, Consolers of the Lonely
3. Oasis, Dig Out Your Soul
2. Glasvegas, Glasvegas
1. The Walkmen, You & Me