Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Chris Ashworth Is Back...at least to me




Chris Ashworth was the creative director at David Carson's seminal RayGun magazine during the mid to late nineties. Ashworth, like Carson before him practiced the Deconstucted aesthetic of the 1990's. His work there was absolutely startlingly beautiful - grimy and worn, textural and tactile. I was absolutely enthralled with his work, but have not been able to find him online to see what he has been up to for years, but this past week I found him!

Ashworth can be found at: http://chris-ashworth.com/home/welcome/

I highly recommend that you check him out. In honor of my Ashworth rediscovery, I give you a couple of my favorite covers he designed for RayGun. The Oasis cover is one of my favorite pieces of art ever created.